Booking conditions Gröndals Camping & Stugor
This agreement applies for renting a pitch for a tent, caravan or motorhome as well as for renting a cottage.
In cases that is beyond our control, we reserve the right to move you to equivalent accommodation.
Check-in & check-out
- Check-in for tent, caravan and motorhomes from 1 pm
- Check-in for cottages from 3 pm
- Check-out latest by 12 pm
Camping Key Europe
This campsite is a member of SCR Svensk Camping (the National Swedish Campsite Association) for which Camping Key Europe is mandatory when staying at a campsite.
Age limit for booking and access
We are at family camping. To book/enter an agreement with us you must be 18 years or
over. Identification may be required on arrival. Meeting the age limit is a requirement for access to the pitch.
For booking online no booking fee. For booking with personal service, a booking fee of 80 SEK per object will be charged.
You should receive written confirmation of your booking. The booking confirmation contains important information about your booking. Check that the content of the booking confirmation corresponds to what you have booked. If there are errors in the confirmation, inform us as soon as possible.
When will my booking be binding?
The booking will be binding when you receive confirmation of your booking from us. This can be done in different ways: in writing, by email or through the booking system on the Internet.
24 hour sale or return
You can buy on a 24-hour sale-or-return basis if your arrival is more than 7 days away.
Payment For bookings more than 40 days before arrival
If you book more than 40 days before arrival, you may choose to pay the full amount directly or make an initial part-payment of 20%, though no less than 500 SEK. For amounts below 500 SEK, the whole amount must be paid directly. The first part-payment shall be made within 10 days of the booking becoming binding. The part-payment serves as a deposit and will be deducted from the final payment. If you choose to part-pay your booking and also buy cancellation insurance, the cost of this must be paid with the first payment together with any booking fee.
Final payment no later than 40 days before arrival
If you have chosen to make a part-payment, the balance shall be paid no later than 40 days before arrival.
For bookings 40 days or less before arrival
If the booking is made 40 days or less before arrival, the final payment shall be made at the time of booking or against an invoice.
Late or non-payment
If you do not make the first part-payment on time we have the right to cancel your booking. If your final payment is late and, despite reminders, you don’t pay the full amount, it will be considered a cancellation on your part and the cancellation rules will apply.
If you choose to depart earlier than planned, no money will be repaid.
What applies if I want to cancel?
You can cancel verbally, in writing or by email to us. For cancellations less than 40 days before arrival, standard compensation is charged as shown below.
For cancellations, the following terms apply (when the sale-or-return rules do not apply). Separate rules apply if you have cancellation insurance (see below).
- For cancellation 40 days or more before access, you pay max 10% of the agreed amount.
- For cancellation 39-8 days before access, you pay max 25% of the agreed amount
- For cancellation 7-2 days before access, you pay max 75% of the agreed amount.
- For cancellation less than 2 days before access according to the agreement or if you end an ongoing stay without a valid reason, no money will be repaid and we have the right to charge any agreed amount that has not been paid.
At the time of booking you can purchase cancellation insurance that applies together with the terms below. Cost of cancellation insurance 250 SEK. Cancellation insurance means that you can cancel until the agreed arrival date. However, the cancellation must be made as soon as you know you will not be able to meet the agreement due to one of the events below. The cancellation insurance also gives you the right to end an ongoing stay and receive a refund for the corresponding part of the stay that you have not been able to use if one of the points below occurs.
Valid reasons for claiming on the cancellation insurance:
- death, illness or serious accident to you, your spouse, common-law wife/husband, parents, children or siblings, or a member of your party,
- another serious event outside your control occurs, e.g. severe fire or flooding of your home, which leads to you not reasonably being able to commit to your booking
- being called up to the armed forces or civil defence, or
- if due to unemployment or new employment you are prevented from using your booking.
Your impediment must be proved with a relevant certificate from, for example, a doctor or insurance company. The certificate must reach us no later 30 days after the cancellation date. The amount of your refund will be paid no later than 10 days after you have submitted the certificate showing that you are entitled to claim on the cancellation insurance.
What are my rights?
In the event that we breach the agreement, serious disruptions or the service otherwise deviating from the information we have given or what you could reasonably have expected, you have the right to demand redress, a price reduction or cancellation. A breach of the agreement or other service failing that is due to reasons outside our control does not entitle you to compensation according to this agreement (see the point on limits of the campsite control responsibility below). If a fault arises during your stay, it shall be reported to us immediately so that we have the chance to remedy it. If you do not report a fault, you cannot claim compensation. If you have received compensation but are not satisfied with it you must inform us of this within 3 weeks (21 days) of departure. This may be done verbally, in writing or by email. We recommend email.
Limits of campsites control responsibility
In the case that the visit cannot be completed due to an impediment outside our control and that we could not reasonably have been expected to have foreseen when entering the agreement and the consequences of which could not reasonably have been avoided or overcome, we are free from liability for damages or other penalties. If the impediment is due to someone we have appointed to fully or partly carry out the campsite service, we are only free of liability for damages if the party we have appointed would be free in accordance with the paragraph above. The same applies if the fault is due to a subcontractor we have appointed or someone else earlier in the chain.
What am I responsible for?
During the stay at the campsite the SCR Svensk Camping (the National Swedish Campsite Associations) rules applies. Infringement of the rules and regulations for the campsite or a breach of the agreement can lead to the agreement being cancelled with immediate effect. If so, you don’t own the right to recoup any part of the rental amount.
What happens if we do not agree?
If we cannot agree, you can receive help from, among others, one of the following dispute resolution bodies:
- Visita’s disciplinary board, the industry’s own board for consumer complaints. We will comply with the disciplinary board’s recommendations. http://www.visita.se/mittforetag/Ansvarsnamnden/
- Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden (National Board of Consumer Disputes, ARN; see address below) is an approved dispute resolution body according to the Act on Alternative Dispute Resolution in Consumer Relations. We will comply with ARN’s recommendations.
- You can also turn to the EU Commission’s online platform for dispute resolution: http://ec.europa.eu/odr We do not undertake to take part in other alternative dispute resolution proceedings than those of the National Board of Consumer Relations (ARN) and Visita but will give consideration to this issue in the event of a dispute arising. You are also free to take the dispute to a general court. Address for ARN: Allmänna reklamationsnämnden Box 174 101 23 Stockholm Sweden www.arn.se
The Personal Data Act – GDPR
We are responsible for handling the personal details you enter in connection with your booking of a pitch (such as name, address and telephone number). We will process personal details for the purpose of administering the bookings and payments and otherwise fulfilling our obligations and ensuring the rights according to the agreement we enter with you. The details may be given to debt collection agencies or an authority/court for collecting, determining and fulfilling your contractual obligations. You have the right once a year at no cost, on written request, to look at the details that have been registered, information on how these are used, from where the details have been taken and to get information about any recipients to which the information has been given. You also have the right at any time to request corrections of any changed or incorrect information. If you give your active consent, we may use your personal details for marketing our business.
Right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal according to the Act (2005:59) on Distance and Doorstep Selling exempts agreements on accommodation, lodging and leisure activities and you can thereby not reverse an agreement on renting a pitch for a tent, caravan or motorhome.
Contact information to Gröndals Camping & Stugor
Phone: +46 (0) 485 – 722 27